I am iRich, attempted switcher from Windows to OS X. I have recently purchased an iPhone and a Mac Mini, and am trying to migrate to the Apple Way after 15-some years of DOS and Windows. Truth be told I am an IT professional and an avid user of Visual Studio .NET so I will never be able to ditch Microsoft completely, but I am making an attempt to remove it as the centerpiece of my computing existence.
When I first plugged in my Mac Mini and fired up OS X, I quickly discovered that my world had been turned upside down. As a software developer I have become very fond of keyboard shortcuts, and rely on them for productivity... and none of my shortcuts worked anymore. I decided I had to do something about this, since there was no way in hell that I was going to unlearn 15 years of Windows behavior (not to mention that I still have to use a Windows box at work).
This blog is going to contain information on how to switch from Windows to OS X as painlessly as possible, by changing the default behaviors of the operating system to match more closely with what Windows users already know. It will also include basic information on how to get around in the system, getting around Apple roadblocks, and perhaps pleas for help on how to resolve a certain issue.
My benefit in doing this is that I will have a log of things I did to modify the OS or my behaviors to better suit the environment, and I can follow these posts step by step should I upgrade my Mac in the future or buy an additional box. Therefore, I'm not going to post every day and/or just for the hell of it... if there are no updates for a while, you can assume I'm finally happy with my new Mac. :)
Thanks for reading!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment